, ,

QBE Claims Procedures – NSW Storms

QBE issues Claims Procedure advice for NSW Catastrophe Storms

Over the past 48 hours severe storms in NSW have caused widespread damage across Sydney, Central Coast, Illawarra and Hunter Districts.   The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has this morning declared the event a catastrophe. Conditions are expected to slowly ease today as the low pressure system weakens.   QBE is ready to respond to ensure you and your customers receive the best possible service during this time. Please see below for information about our claims process, procedures and contacts.


Area Action
Motor and property claims contact Please lodge motor and property claims immediately via:

1.     Claims lodgement through c.change (ClaimWrite) using Cat 682,

2.     An email to giclaims@qbe.com with the following details: Cat 682, policy number, customer name, address, contact phone number, damage description, property or vehicle information

3.     Calling 1800 023 387

4.     Your Claims Relationship Manager (CRM).

Please send all claims correspondence, including new claims to giclaims@qbe.com and include ‘Cat 682’ in the subject line to enable triage to the relevant team.   Claim forms are NOT required.   For claims in excess of Straight Through Process (STP) limits please contact your CRM to obtain immediate approval or assessment referral of these claims on your behalf.

Motor Vehicle Glass Windscreen and Motor Glass Claims can be lodged direct with:   Windscreens O’Brien Phone: 1800 068 986
Domestic & Commercial Glass For any home or commercial property glass claims, you or your clients can contact Express Glass or O’Brien Glass directly and will only need to provide a QBE policy number to initiate a claim.   Express and O’Brien Glass can be selected from the drop down menu when lodging in c.change (ClaimWrite).   Express Glass Phone: 1300 666 234   O’Brien Glass Phone: 13 16 16
Marine claims Please lodge marine claims immediately via:   An email to marineclaims@qbe.com with the following information is required for claim lodgement and surveyor appointment: policy number, client name, client phone number, damage description, vessel name.   A team of dedicated Marine Surveyors are available to attend to and assist with your client queries.    Should you require any assistance on how to take necessary precautions or any technical advice, please contact: Jeff Brown, Claims Technical Manager Phone: 02 8275 9595 Heather Egan, Claims Relationship Manager Phone: 02 8275 9449
QBE Panel Builders & Repairs The builders listed below can be contacted directly for emergency repairs.   Johns Lyng Group Phone: 1300 736 000   Pattersons Insurerbuild Phone: 1300 722 272   Construct Services Phone:1300 266 787   Bay Building Group Phone: 1300 766 216
Assessors We have dedicated property and motor assessors ready to assist and adjust claims as access to the affected areas becomes available.   For priority allocation, when lodging a claim in c.change (ClaimWrite), please select the Internal Loss Adjuster or Internal Motor Assessor option.   Our adjusting and assessing staff will be in contact within 24 hours of appointment.
Emergency Assistance Payments Immediate assistance can be provided to customers by Electronic Funds Transfer into customer bank accounts based on the relevant policy terms.
Temporary Accommodation Emergency temporary accommodation can be arranged through QBE’s claims team or the appointed loss adjuster.
Trees down Policies generally provide cover to remove trees when they are impacting buildings or contents or if we need to remove them to fix damage to the home.   QBE can make arrangements for a tree lopper to contact customers.   General debris clean up in yards is not covered by the policy.
Food spoilage Food spoilage claims can be lodged and managed in c.change.   As customers safely dispose of spoiled food they should keep an inventory and price list and submit that for settlement.
Pool Cleaning If there has been storm damage to the pool filter, pump or chlorinator because of this the surface/lining would have to be physically cleaned then we will pay for the cleaning of the pool surfaces and cleaning or replacement of pool water as necessary.   If there is no damage to the pool, the policy won’t cover cleaning or replacement of water.

We are continuing to work with the ICA and local authorities and will provide further updates as and when developments occur